Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Why you got to class me like that?

The reason I decided to take this class is because I wanted a chance to discuss a book I actually wanted to read and enjoyed reading. Every other class I have been that has been literary analysis is always books that are a slog to read and the meanings buried under the color of a flower or some equally annoying symbolism. Considering I have traditionally had a small peer group to discuss books with, as it was generally my brother or sister who might have read the same book, I think it will be refreshing to discuss a larger group of people.
As for my goals in the class, I am curious as to how the Hunger Games stacks up against other dystopian literature, even though I am not a fan of the genre. I would like a deeper understanding of themes in the book, and would also appreciate my peers’ insight into any small details I may have missed. I am hoping the class will serve as a refresher on the series as well, since I read the books over three years ago.


My favorite character in the Hunger Games is none other than Haymitch Abernathy. I mean what’s not to like? Sure he may be a drunk, but would not you be one as well in his position? He’s clever, deeper than you think, and a functioning alcoholic. Maybe I just have a soft spot for people who are sarcastic and bitter. Probably because they are just like meeeeeeeeeeee

No comments:

Post a Comment